Austria provides vehicle shippers and their customers with sets of laws and rules, to make car shipping safe and regulated. Do you wish to ship your car to one of the main cities in Austria, such as Graz, Innsbruck, Linz, Salzburg and Vienna?
Remember that moving a car overseas may be costly and uncertain. You should take into account many details, documents, customs regulations or duty rates. Choose an agent that offers reliable services, together with reasonable prices of car and cargo shipping.
As for regulations, all cars shipped to Austria must meet specifications of this country. This sometimes means a number of modifications.
Has your vehicle has been owned and used in the USA for at least half a year? Great news, it is exempt from duties. You are not allowed, however, to sell it for the next two years after moving. It is also essential to obtain a separate customs clearance at the main customs office in Vienna.
Documents when shipping vehicle from the USA to Austria
What are documents that you need if you are thinking about shipping your car to Austria? There are:
- a purchase invoice or bill of sale,
- original car title,
- a copy of the car owner’s passport.
At destination you need:
- a proof of automobile insurance,
- a log book (if possible),
- a registration with police or local authority in Austria,
- an Exit Certificate stating stay abroad was for at least 12 months.
Shipping a car from the US takes about three to four weeks. The car may be shipped two main ways.
- In a container to one of the main ports in Germany or Netherlands. Then vehicle is transported inland.
- On a RO-RO vessel, together with other vehicles. RO-RO service to main European ports originates from US East Coast. Then you can drive to Austria.
Car shipping cost to Austria
How to quickly know the car shipping price? Send a car shipping quote to an agent offering overseas car shipping.
The cost includes service and insurance but it does not contain duties, taxes or administrative costs. They simply differ in case of each destination.
Definitely, it is better to spend more and be sure that your car will be moved safely than to risk its breakage or the delay. This could have a negative impact on your plans regarding both private and professional life.
Send us a quote to get car shipping price to Austria
Please fill out the form to get shipping price to Austria. Type in your e-mail address and city you want to get your car shipped: